Your digital footprint, is like a footprint on the moon. It
will never go away. Everything you look at, search, read, click on, can always
be retraced. Erasing your internet history isn’t going to erase the data that
shows what you clicked on. Making sure you have a clean digital footprint is
very important. Educators, parents, employers, and even the government can find
out what you have been searching. I like to say, “If you wouldn’t say it in
person, don’t say it online.” This is because, everything you type on social
media, or anything on your internet browser, it is automatically saved.
I have a personal story about employers using social media,
to see how their staff were representing the company. I had a few co-workers
who were saying horrible things online. They didn’t think that anyone cared
much about what they were posting, but little did they know, our boss wasn’t so
pleased. She could see everything these girls were posting, and some posts even
used the business’ name. Our boss wasn’t so pleased to find this out, and ended
up firing the ladies. I would want to teach my students, that everything they
do online, can affect their future. Be smart, and be safe when it comes to the
internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment